Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Champagne Toast!

Dear Friends and Family,

I am about to undergo one of the most interesting projects to date. A 30-day blogging challenge. Starting today, I am determined to write you one blog a day for the next 30 days. My hope in this is to kick the new year off with a bang, especially in hopes of finishing my book by May, when I graduate.

Where have I been? Honestly, if I could put into words the last few months of my blessed relationship you would feel far more depressed then after the closing scene of the Notebook. Not in that, "How sad they are dying" kind of way but in the "Where is my Noah?" kind of feeling. I used to know it so well until God blessed me with my own.

I wish that I had a game plan or some sort of beautiful cliche to sum up how my relationship has been going but the truth is that I've never seen one quite like this before. We are long distance. We have been since we started dating which, many of you who are cynical and yet realistic, probably the majority of you disagree with. The thing is that there is no denying God's hand in this situation. From the moment I met him this summer God has continued to amaze me with his passion for the Lord, life, and loving people.

Now, where does that put me in regard to my blogging? Yes, it does change things a bit. For many of you though I am pretty sure it may actually be beneficial in your pursuing of a relationship for yourself. I am walking in this new situation without any prior dating history. I don't know how it will turn out or if he is the person I am to be with the rest of my life, but I can hope for it, and I can promise you that my honesty will still remain entirely in tact. I, as I learned from this summer, will never give complete insight to my personal life, nor his given that it is his own story to tell, but I will still write with the same passion I always have for seeking God's purity, truth, and plan in relationships. I hope you enjoy it, but just as I said from the start it will still be rough. You will have to forgive me for spelling and grammatical errors time and time again. I don't take the time to re-check everything before I post, because sometimes I get so passionate in the moment it entirely slips my mind to re-read my work. I just get so excited to share a new insight!

For some of you, you may want to stop reading at this point. My selling point was still being single and being one of the few writers left on dating who wasn't in a relationship just yet. The thing is that being in this relationship has seriously affirmed several of the lessons I've already shared and I can't wait to revisit some of my past writing and explain how.

I hope you embark on this journey with me because I need some serious support in taking this seriously! I want you to be apart of this just as much as I want to share my story with the world, and I can't wait to see what is to come!

A toast to the new year, and to the next 30 days of reading on!

Love you,

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment